Our fees are very low because we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to volunteer in Rio’s favelas! Every dollar is re-invested into the NGO to support our long-term sustainability and directed toward community partner donations. Your donation to Community in Action allows us to provide you with administrative and logistics support before you arrive in Brazil and during your entire stay. In addition, volunteer fees are used to purchase materials, support community programs, and deliver resources to residents throughout Rio’s favelas.
For groups, Community in Action provides all listed services, as well as agenda planning and additional community tours / stakeholder integration sessions. Prices vary depending on the number of participants in each group. We host many volunteer groups every year. If you are interested in sending a group of volunteers to Rio, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|DURATION||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||5 Weeks||6 Weeks||7 Weeks||8 Weeks|
- Lodging is not included in the prices above–it is an additional US$25 per night. When completing your application, please let us know if you would like us to arrange your lodging and airport transfer service.
- Volunteers who select the following projects will be charged an additional US$25 per week to cover material costs, which are donated to the community: Teach Art and Paint Murals, Urban Garden, English Classes, Manual Labor, Handicrafts.
All donations are tax-deductible. Upon payment, we will send you a receipt.
Included in Volunteer Package
Community in Action offers a comprehensive volunteer package, which includes administrative and program implementation support.
- Pre-departure support services
- Logistics support upon arrival (local travel support)
- Portuguese translation support
- First day orientation, tour, and cultural integration sessions
- Introduction to community partners and stakeholders
- Project planning and placement services
- Administrative support during entire time in Rio
- Emergency support during normal business hours
- Material costs for projects in partner NGOs and schools (local donations)
Additional Volunteer Services with Differing Fees (details available upon request)
- Lodging reservations with partner hostels
- Airport Transfer
- Portuguese for foreigners
- Personal translators
Additional Fees to Consider (not included)
- Visa costs
- Travel insurance
- Cost of Living Expenses Rio de Janeiro: click here